Thursday, June 21, 2007

"I'm from Tennessee!"

I just took my final for Intercultural Communication. It's over! Sad. I have my other final for Food of Italy this afternoon, but it shouldn't be hard...we are cooking.

I have decided that it is going to be weird to come back to the States. We were discussing how we are going to have to re-adjust to everyone speaking English. Because when you are here in Italy, everytime you meet someone that speaks English you are automatically friends. You usually have a little conversation that goes something like this:


"Oh are you from the United States?"
"Why, yes I am!"
"Oh really?! Wow! What part?"
"I'm from Tennessee!"
"Oh! I am from (enter whatever other state here)"
"Oh wow! That is soo great!"
And then it continues on to figure out how long they have been here, where else they have been, what I am doing here, what I am studying, etc. It is fun and I have made lots of random American friends this way.


So therefore, I think it is going to be slightly awkward because I will probably still start to have these conversations with people even though everyone will speak English! I will probably do it wandering the Atlanta airport and get several strange looks. Oh well, reverse culture shock.

1 comment:

Paula said...

BENUENUTI A CASA LAURA !!!!!
MOM